Wednesday 27 March 2013

27th - A chance to catch my breath!

So, you're all updated up until Sunday now.

Monday was the bake off at work. I made a Chocolate Peanutbuttery affair of a cake. It didn't win any prizes, but we did raise a whopping £145 for Charity! We're still in partnership with the Children's Hospital - striving for our £25,000 target. It looks like we've hit the £8,000 mark, so I'm really pleased!!

I have attached various photos I have taken over the last few days. The snow has just started clearing now - so it's less treacherous - but it was an ice rink round St Paul's Monday night. We went to Vicar Mary's film night - watched "In Darkness." A pretty sad film, but it was an important story. Recommended!




After a lovely night Monday, work was good on Tuesday. I haven't been in a lot this month due to ALL OF THE FUN - so have had a lot to catch up on! Made some headway on the HUGE backlog though, and everyone is really pleased to have me back in the office (which is always nice ^_^). Last night, Tuesday, I had to go to bed when I got in... my glands are up and I've been pretty run down (probably due to running around like a blue arsed fly) so we had a night catching up on TV (Walking dead, Once Upon a Time, In the Flesh and Adventuretime) before an early one.

Today I have had a training sandwich! I got into work for 7:30 (normal time) and did an hours work on my Lean Sigma project. I am really excited about it! I then had a First Aid course between 9:00 - 3:30, before doing a bit more work on my project (whilst listening to Neil Gaimans - Neverwhere BBC 4 adaptation). I am now officially a trained Fire Warden, First Aider and on the way to being a Lean Sigma Greenbelt and (hopefully) BSI Auditor later this year.

Today's photo is a bit of a cheat - but I didn't want to use JUST JQ in the snow. I took this photo of the new library on Sunday. I am really excited about it opening in September! Keep an eye out - as I am sure they will do lots of amazing opening events (hopefully using their lovely amphitheater).


Thanks for staying patient with me - I have been away a lot recently, but I am still taking photos as much as I can (this weekend is a music festival - photo gold).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vicky. It's just so wonderful to see someone hammering the hell out of life & loving every minute. Life's too short not to be lived to the full & you're certainly doing that. Keep it up & we'll see you soon. X

    ReplyDelete