Thursday 17 January 2013

A better day...




Well yesterday was a pretty bad day! One of those “if it can go wrong…,” but I have woken up this morning after a lovely night with my friends and a very light flurry of snow falling on my walk to work. I love it when the weather is like this! It’s not as cold as it was yesterday (only a paltry -1°C compared to yesterday evenings -7/8) and the snow is so pretty falling over the silhouetted buildings of the Quarter.

I have got to work and lots of the issues I had yesterday have been resolved and I am feeling a little less poorly than I have been recently (just a niggley cold). I had a plethora of pictures I could have taken this morning, but I have chosen the photo above. You can just see the little flecks of snow in the glare of the Streetlight and it shows the lovely old heritage Lighting Columns with a backdrop of the BT tower and the church.

This morning I have been pondering Positivity. As I said – yesterday was a crappy day… but I realised I was being grumpy and that was making me feel worse – so I got home, watched some cartoons (Adventuretime, thanks for asking) with my wonderful other (better) half and had a few drinks with some of my nearest and dearest friends. Eventually, the big cloud that was hanging over my head lifted and as a result I could laugh off the problems of the day and look forward to a better time today. For todays “Thought for the day,” I leave with this simple but effective quote…

“You can't have a good day with a bad attitude, and you can't have a bad day with a good attitude.” (or maybe more relevant) “Be an Optimist Prime, not a Negatron!”

No comments:

Post a Comment