Monday 28 January 2013

Roundup! 28/01/2013



So the weekend has gone in what feels like a split second and Monday is here again. It’s great to wake up to a clean world without the ice and snow making the walk to work feel like an epic artic trek…

I was quite quiet last week, mainly because I was so busy. On Thursday night, I went out for a colleagues birthday and Friday I was at Alton Towers Pirate weekend (hence the icy picture of the fountain outside of the hotel). I do like my job, but it’s so great to have a break from the norm and do something different!

Thursday was a brilliant evening… not crazy, but lovely to spend time with a couple of girls from work. I have a few girlfriends now, but the majority of my friend group are men! It’s not a bad thing, but it’s nice to speak to someone of the same sex once in a while…

The weekend on the other hand was crazy! Friday we set off from the JQ at around 10:00 and had to take it nice and slow down the icy country roads that surround Alton Towers. We got there at about middayish and the crowd descended at 1/2ish. After much waterpark fun, we donned our ridiculous pirate outfits and had a mad adventure around the hotel quaffing Rum and eating picnic foods. The snow started falling in the late afternoon and apart from “snowballgate” (ask me about it if you ever see me around, it’s a funny story) that made the time even more magical. Ridiculous snowball fights with children and adults and spontaneous fun was abound. We were able to get away (after the digging the car out with a Sanrio branded Squirrel picture – another ridiculous story) and were nice and toasty back in the flat by around midday Saturday.

Sunday we went to “The Public” in West Bromwich. There are so many great places to visit around the Midlands which are free, there is no excuse to stay in on a weekend. It was a fantastic gallery. Me and the other half spent 3 hours playing with the interactive exhibits and really enjoying our time. If you haven’t been – please visit!

Today has been great! I ended up going out with some of the “boys on the ground” at Amey. Honestly, laying a new lighting column is more complicated than you would think! Despite coming back freezing cold (my fingers were numb), I learned a lot and will give our boys on the road a bit more respect when I see them working hard – despite the conditions.

I have got 3 pictures today. One from Alton Towers (a group shot of Piratey fun), one from The Public (taken in their kaleidoscope exhibit) and one of the view down Caroline Street today. It’s getting lighter again and my camera gave the lights a lovely starburst affect.

I have been debating the theme of adventure. I have a small adventure every day. Whether it’s doing something new, scary or visiting somewhere I have never been – it’s exhilarating and exciting. Todays quote is thus, “Life is either a great adventure or nothing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment