Tuesday 22 January 2013

So, no snow today! Just lots of lovely black sheet ice covering the footpaths (making it near impossible to walk normally!). Saying that, it’s impossible to feel blue this morning… the morning is lighter, there’s not so many clouds in the sky and the birds are singing. I’ve taken a photo from my favourite spot for the view over St Pauls (outside the Braderie). You can really see that the spring is coming… I’m pleased to see that despite someone kicking the heads off the snowmen sitting on the bench, the Snow lion is still in-situ looking resplendent. I don’t think he’ll be around for much longer as the snow won’t last forever, so I am enjoying seeing him on my trips around the JQ at the moment. We went to a great exhibition regarding possible town housing in the JQ last night. It’s the one thing we’re really missing… the flats are lovely – but there is a need for people who don’t want to leave the Quarter, but want to purchase their own property. I recommend you head down to MADE on Newhall Hill this week (the exhibition is on between 5 – 7) and have a gander if you’re interested. The team who put the plans together were lovely and we’re very patient whilst we chewed their ear off with our thoughts and ideas about what we would like… We’re having a nice quiet week. Our water is now fixed (YES!), and I’m enjoying chilling out. It’s giving us a moment to catch our breaths before going to Pirate Weekend at Alton Towers on Friday. I should really get cracking on planning our wedding, but I keep putting it off as I know how much work its going take… I’m terrible at the moment. There’s lots of things I should be doing and keep putting off. I’ve started sorting many things out for our wedding festival (I’m sure you’ll get more of an idea of what we’re doing as the blog progresses), but I’m dreading sorting out the big stuff. I found this quote online and it’s giving me hope to get cracking. Quite simply, "If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment