Friday 18 January 2013

Snow business like show business...




So I’ve woken up this morning expecting “pandesnownium” but instead have been treated to an overnight light dusting. It made for a cold and damp walk to work, but wasn’t a bother. It’s always nice and quiet walking to work when it’s snowing. Mind you, the noise of the world never seems to be too intrusive between 7:15 and 7:30 on my walk to work. It’s just early enough that most of the flats I walk past have the lights on with people slowly getting up for another day in the Corporate machine. It’s quite lucky that theres not many people about as I tend to look quite mad in the mornings… I listen to podcasts rather than music when walking to and from work and quite often find myself laughing out loud to Radio 4, 5 or BBC 6.

The cheerful chattering on the downloads I listen to tend to help me clear my mind and mentally prepare for the day ahead. I actually quite enjoy my walks in the morning as I get a chance to catch up with the latest music news or film reviews (which give me decent fodder for conversations at work)!

I am quite looking forward to my weekend. I’ve actually got hardly anything on the calendar for once… so obviously, rather than taking this as a sign to chill out (after feeling a little rough) I have strived to plan a weekend of small adventures. Tomorrow we’ve got our normal market shopping (which I sadly quite enjoy), followed by coffee and cake at the wonderful 6/8 Kafe in Birmingham City Centre. Then a visit to the fabulous Electric Cinema to see “Django Unchained” (if you haven’t been to the Electric, GO. JUST GO!) followed by a meal in the Gay/Chinese Quarter. Sunday we’re having a “Swap Shop” with some friends to clear out some of the things we no longer need and hopefully get something we can use…

I hope you’ve all got something nice planned. It’s always worth having something to look forward on the cards. With this in mind, I bring you todays quote. Again, simple but effective… “We all need three things in life. Someone to Love, Something to Do, and Something to Look Forward to.”

1 comment: