Wednesday 30 January 2013



I’ve not been very inspired this morning.. just shattered! I have taken this imposing picture of the tree at the side of the church today. I think it looks a bit menacing! The worst thing was, I had to lean against a crypt to get a steady pic, and got to work not realising I had mud all over my trousers! The things we do for art, ay? ;)

So I promised a bit more of a detailed blog today, as I just had to quickly get up my photo yesterday. I have been SHATTERED this week. I think the pirate and art gallery fun has caught up with me… luckily I work flexi hours at work, so got to leave at 3:45 yesterday. I desperately needed a nap when I got in before undertaking all of the chores… after my nap me and dan changed the bed, took out the recycling, did the washing up, dyed my hair (an epic task as it involves dying, bleaching, dying) and organising birthday fun.

I normally try and arrange some fun activities for my birthday celebration. It’s always good fun… previously we have been to Monkey forest, London for the day, Alton Towers and all sorts… it’s nice, as it makes everyone else as excited as I am.

This year I am hoping to do a tour of Two Towers Brewery. I think they are technically within the JQ (I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong), but they sell their wares at the farmers markets and at the Brown Lion pub (def. within JQ). I am a big fan of dark ales and love the “Jewellery Porter” (which is an acquired taste). I am also (finally) arranging to do the limestone caverns canal boat tour. It’s not very rock and roll, but I think it looks wonderful!

Right… well… As I have said before – I write this at work and it’s finance week! Fun fun fun!

As a thought for the day, I often get a lot of people ridicule me for my excitement about my birthday. I am going to turn the tender age of 28 this year, but still get as excited as I did when I was very young. I don’t do the jelly and the party bags anymore, but love to have my friends and family around me at this time…. So with this in mind, this is what I have for you today. “I've heard that it's possible to grow up -- I've just never met anyone who's actually done it."

No comments:

Post a Comment