Wednesday 16 January 2013

Day 2 - a slippery second day...



Well, it’s day 2.

It’s very foggy and freezing this morning in Birmingham. The weather is not very inspiring, but I’ve woken up with a spring in my step as we’re half way through the week and (as always) I’m looking forward to a nice weekend. The fog was so thick, I couldn’t get a good picture around Caroline Street this morning – so I took a picture of the Church instead.

If you haven’t ever been to St Paul’s, it’s a gorgeous building. I’ve been lucky enough to go to 2 great events at the church and (not being a religious type) have found the place to be inspiring and a great venue to watch films in. The lovely Vicar (Dean?) who runs the church is hoping to get a foreign film club going monthly and I will the first to sign up. It’s not very comfortable to sit in the pews for a couple of hours but does naturally encourage quiet reverence – which is a perfect atmosphere to watch and contemplate great movies.

I’ve got lots to do at work at the moment an am really struggling to kick-start my day (with a touch of the cold and darks being prevaliant)… so as a thought for the day today – it’s worth concentrating Why we actually get up and to it. Here is something I have come across this morning… “You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however."

No comments:

Post a Comment