Monday 18 February 2013

Anniversary weekend and (unfortunately) Monday


So, what a weekend… had a nice chilled out Friday. Watched Antiviral (brilliant) and got a decent night’s sleep. Was woken up by the alarm at 9:30 on Saturday morning and had a relaxing bath (with the last of my Christmas gift posh stuff). Out the door by 10:30 and on the road to mystery date.

As soon as I started to see the road signs, I knew we were going to Dudley Zoo. It might seem a bit silly to you lot, but it was one of our first dates – so meant the world to me. It was the first place Dan truly saw my rather “colourful” side, as I chatted to ALL of the animals on the way round. I have attached some photos from the day.














I LOVE Lynx’s, Red Panda’s and Snow Leopards – so it was a fabulous day. Nearly all of the animals came out and were running around and I was especially impressed with the Panda’s (as they are notoriously shy creatures).

After a knackering walk round several circuits of the zoo (which has been GREATLY improved in 5 years), I got a quick rest before it was time to head to Bodega for some tasty eats. Great food and great cocktails were had. We followed that up with a cheap pint in the Briar Rose, before heading to Eddie’s Rock club for a bit of live metal (courtesy of Valous). It was Great fun… loud and riotous with lots of frontman poser action. Bumped into some old friends I hadn’t seen in quite a while – which was a lovely surprise.

After we had, had our fill of dancing around like loons – it was back to the JQ to meet my friend Clare and her mate (who was down from London). They had never been out in in the JQ before and were blown over by a lovely meal at pasta di piazza (www.pastadipiazza.com) and a pint at the wonderful Rose Villa (www.therosevillatavern.co.uk) before settling in for the long haul at the Actress and Bishop (www.theactressandbishop.com). All my recommendations – all totally loved!

The whole day was wonderful (Sunday morning, however, was NOT!). Sunday was a bit of a nothingness as me and Dan really weren’t well. Self-inflicted – so I’m not asking for any sympathy!



Today (Monday) started off Gray. It really wasn’t very inspiring at all (especially as I didn’t sleep very well last night). Hence I have taken a photo on my way home from work instead. It’s bit quite sunny in Birmingham this afternoon, and makes you feel a bit more alive. I have survived Monday (thank goodness) and am looking forward to some liver cleansing tomato juice and an early night. Another busy week this week, but I’ll try my best to be reliable with my posts this week!

Still, I have got you a thought for the day. With the sun coming out this afternoon, it has bought to mind this quote (courtesy of Steve Martin). “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."

No comments:

Post a Comment