Wednesday 6 February 2013

Evening Irrelevance








In a change from normal blogging practise, I am writing this in the early evening. Normally I do it when I get into work and everything is still fresh in my head, but today has been totally off plan – for reasons that will become apparent. Today's photo was also taken in the evening. The moody looking sky was captured at about 5'0'Clock on Livery Street (just on the edge of the JQ).

Firstly, I am feeling naff today. I felt ok last night whilst listening to music for my set filled with beats and drops; this morning, however, was a totally different story. I woke up and my eyes felt like they hadn’t seen moisture in a good long time, my throat felt sandpapery and my head was all fluffy. This wasn’t helped by the utter panic that set in when I fully opened my eyes and realised how light it was… yep…the alarm hadn’t gone off meaning I woke up a full hour and a quarter late.

Now, this isn’t a massive deal (I woke up at 7:30 rather than 6:15), but it really was the last thing I needed this week. I am lucky enough to work Flexi-hours, which means as long as I work my 40 hours (and don’t take the piss), I can work those hours however I choose too. I normally start at 7:30 and work through till 4:15 Monday to Thursday… this means I can leave blissfully early on Fridays. As a creature of habit and routine, this holds me through the week. Now I’ve got to make the time up on Friday – totally throwing out my schedule (which involves Birthday drinks, a different friends Birthday meal AND the deejaying).

I managed to get into work just in time to turn on the computer, log into my phone and get my arse to a meeting (which I HAD to attend). Normally, I’m pretty verbal in meetings – but today I was sitting there in a daze. That’s pretty much how the whole day has been. My reaction time to anything has been rubbish and I’ve not been very productive at all!

Still – today won’t be a total loss, because at least I get to partake in normal Wednesday activities (involving friends, gossip and booze). I also managed to sell more cards for our charity push at work (which is going brilliantly) and fill in a piece of paperwork I was sent weeks ago.

All in all, not a bad day... just a bit maddening, silly and unproductive. Now I just want some snuggles, sympathy and junk food. Today I found this, which is pretty apt. “If you treat a sick child like an adult and a sick adult like a child, everything usually works out pretty well”




No comments:

Post a Comment