Tuesday 26 February 2013

Tuesday



So, today is pretty miserable! Not cloudy and not as cold as it has been – but definitely miserable. I’m totally shattered at work and supposed to be firing on all cylinders to help put together a bit for a training investment. I am so grateful to be asked (I’ve been crying out for an opportunity like this), but I just wish it hadn’t come when I’ve been so busy!

Still, had a very productive meeting and put some initial thoughts together, so that’s all anyone can hope for at this stage. Got to get home tonight and pack! Was meant to do it last night – but couldn’t find the energy after the weekend of manicness. Still, did a load of washing in preparation for packing. It will be all systems go come Thursday :) just got to do the last (arguably, most important) thing – the booze run.

I have had a lovely surprise today. Me and the other half generally share things we think are good with likeminded people. I have been lending a colleague “The Walking Dead,” as I figured he would appreciate it (being a zombie fan – but also a father of two young children so not a lot of time for researching what’s good in popular culture), and not only has he loved it – but he has bought us a present today. “The Zombie Survival Guide; Complete Protection from the Walking Dead.” I hadn’t read it yet, so bonus, but also how sweet that he bothered. I think we often take for granted the nice things that other people do for us and forget to say “Thank you” when someone has gone above and beyond. It’s inspired me to try and notice the things that other people do for me all the time, not because they have to, but because they want to.

I hope you take that as your thought for today as well. Lets spread a bit of positivity – god knows that when it’s still THIS cold and THIS miserable in February, we all need some.

2 comments:

  1. Have you read 'World War Z'? Essential for survival when Z-Day comes!

    ReplyDelete