Monday 4 February 2013

Monday bloody Monday




So, Monday is here once again. I apologise for the delay in uploading Fridays blog! The training session on Friday was quite intense, great, but intense… it was then followed up by leaving drinks for a colleague which turned from a “quiet pint” to a bit of a sesh. That was then followed by dinner out and an impromptu trip to the club. A very rock’n’roll evening which culminated in us only being in the club for an hour because I wasn’t feeling well… I woke up and found I had been gifted a stinking cold which is still hanging around today.

I had a great weekend regardless though! We did our normal market trip Saturday morning (after I had dragged my sorry self out of bed) and found it to be extra thrifty as one of our favourite traders gave us some free aubergines. After wandering around town doing the Saturday chores, we headed back and I grabbed a crafty nap to conserve some energy for the annual “Winter-een-mas” party Saturday night. If you’re unfamiliar with the made-up holiday, get with the programme here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tim_from_Leeds/Winter-een-mas.

Had a great time and woke up without a hangover, but had to have a lay in as I felt so pants! Still got a few more chores done on Sunday and got through a couple of disks of “Ah! My Goddess!” before a reasonably early night.

In today’s photo, you can see how light it’s gotten in the morning. The photo was taken around 7:20am. Normally around this time it’s cold, dark and makes me want to hibernate… but walking down Caroline Street this morning I felt a bit more full of life! There were more people out and about and a few more vehicles driving up and down the streets. That could be all change again tomorrow though as there is More Snow (?!) being predicted.

This morning, I was thinking about charity. I am a charity liaison officer at my work. It’s a voluntary post, and basically means I run myself ragged trying to raise money for the Children’s Hospital by dreaming up events to raise some much needed money for them to carry on their good work. We are starting our latest scheme today – anonymous valentines cards! It always makes me laugh that half of my office really get into the swing of it and join in –and half sit there and mock everything we organise. Honestly – miserable people drive me up the wall! I love arranging the events and seeing the smiles on the faces of the children whenever I go into the hospital. As such, I have found today’s quote; “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment