Tuesday 5 February 2013

Choresday Tuesday



So it’s another day, another list of things to do…

I’ve still got loads of work on, a charity event in progress and another one that’s being planned, broken headphones to get fixed, a complaint to follow up on and organising for our trip to the Sci-Fi Weekender in Wales (only 24 days away!). After work, I’ve got to get a move on and plan my set for my DJ gig Friday.

I am very tired today… still feeling a little under the weather, but it’s mainly because I had such a lovely evening last night. The first monthly St Paul’s film club went ahead and we had the rather surreal experience of watching “Life of Brian” in one of the most beautiful churches I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. I am looking forward to the rest of the line-up which includes “Pyscho,” “The beasts of the Southern Wild” and “True Grit.”

After the film had finished we went to the Brown Lion. It’s technically a local of ours, but we hardly ever visit. A shame really as it’s recently been redecorated and is warm, welcoming and only £1.90 for some of their draft bitters! We picked our night well, as they had an ex-member of Ocean Colour Scene doing an acoustic set in the pub. I’m not a huge fan, but he sounded great and between the conversation, the music and the reasonably priced ales – it ended up being a much later night than I envisaged!

Still, woke up this morning feeling fairly bright eyed and bushy tailed. I was greeted by the glorious sky that you can see in today’s photo. We were forecast some snow showers, but it didn’t do much so has just left the air crisp, clean and fresh. It helped put me in the right frame of mind to tackle some of today’s tasks.

There’s something immensely satisfying about completing tasks and ticking things off a to-do list. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate we all need to rest sometimes, but when I’ve got a big list of things to do – being idle makes me feel guilty. In doing my perusing today, I came across this quote. I think it sums up my thoughts succinctly “When you waste a moment, you have killed it in a sense, squandering an irreplaceable opportunity. But when you use the moment properly, filling it with purpose and productivity, it lives on forever."

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Vicky. Your quote puts me in mind of a favourite quote from a friend of mine (he's a Benedictine monk but that's not relevant): "When you give of your time, you give of your life & that is the most precious gift of all".

    ReplyDelete